Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

She's Putting On Weight!

We had Gracie's follow up appointment today and she has gained 4 oz since last week and.......drum roll please........she weighs 12 pounds!! She's really making great improvements just in the short time she has been home. She had 3 shots and she howled a bit but she did really well. She's such a trooper. She was especially snugly tonight which was fantastic. She gets that I'm her mommy and that I'm her go to person for cuddles and snuggles. I never believed it was possible to love anyone as much as I love this child.

I must say that mother hood has brought about some changes I hadn't quite expected. I thought I would do bit of a count down just to shake things up on the old blog.

1. Before I had Grace, I could not imagine caring about another person's bowel movements. Seriously, I just couldn't fathom that and the second you become a mother you think "Did they poop today? Was it enough? Was it too much? Was it the wrong color?

2. Purses are over rated. I used to love a good purse. Nothing too pricey but the bigger the better. We were home about 24 hours when I discovered that a diaper bag and a baby carrier did not mix with a big ol' purse. I now have a much smaller purse that fits in the diaper bag. High fashion, no, but believe me, less is more.

3. You can pick up the same room 74 times in a day and you will still probably end the day with it being a mess. When it was just me, it was pretty simple to keep the living room neat. Now, as soon as I pick it up it's messy again. I don't understand how this happens.

4. Dishwashers are not just an appliance, they're your best friend. I used to run my dishwasher once a week. I now run it daily and up until last Friday when I bought some more bottles, I was running it twice a day. I don't know how people survive without it.

5. There are two people in our house but it feels like we do laundry for 8. Honestly, I know babies go through a lot of clothes, but now, so do I. If she spits up it inevitably lands on me and sometimes I can go through a couple of shirts. I have never enjoyed doing laundry so I'm sure this is Karma biting me in the back for some bad deed because I feel like all I do is laundry these days.
6. A baby's giggle should be bottled and sold.

7. Having a baby has solved my insomnia. I'm a really bad sleeper. Well, I was a really bad sleeper. If I got 6 hours of sleep a night it was a miracle and those 6 hours were almost never consecutive. Now, I got to bed and man I sleep until I hear her wake up. Last night I went to bed at 11:00 and she didn't wake up until 6:30 and I didn't wake up once in between.

8. There is tremendous joy in Christmas shopping for your baby. I was in the mall last night and I wished I had a name tag that read "I'm a real mom out shopping for her baby's first Christmas." I was in Sears looking for a little sweater to go over her Christmas dress and I was just thrilled when the sales lady asked if she could help me and I got to tell her I was looking for something for my daughter. It really is the little joys in life that make it worth while.

My dad has been complaining that I have not been posting enough pictures so here are some new ones especially for him.





























No comments:

Post a Comment