Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

First Day of Pre-School

I can't believe that the time has come for her to start preschool.  How is it possible that my baby is ready for school? Boy, time really has flown by.  We started the day with sausage and chocolate chip pancakes with the cousins.  Then we got her dressed in her first day of school outfit.  She was a little nervous but incredibly excited and thrilled to finally be using the new Minnie mouse back pack.  I was nervous about drop-off.  This summer she did a little preschool camp for a week and she was fine every day my sister dropped her off but freaked out the day I took her. Her feeling is that if I am not going to work, then she wants to be with me.  I solved that issue today by telling a little fib.  I told her mommy was going to work as soon as I dropped her off and that Auntie would pick her up (which is how it will usually work).  I even dressed for work but I really took the day off and Auntie and I will go pick her up in a little bit and take her to lunch.  I think my plan worked because she did great! She was a little nervous when it was time but she gave me a hug and a kiss and she went right in with the teachers and there was no crying (from either of us).  So proud of her and so excited to hear how her day went.  Here are a couple of pictures.  





1 comment: