Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I Survived!

Day one back at work after my maternity leave and I survived to talk about it. I only cried half of the way to work and once for a short minute in the ladies room. And I only called 3 times to check on her. When I got home my sister had Grace in front of the window and she was kicking her legs, happy to see me, but by the time I got in the door, she was a little mad. Sort of like, hey, I missed you, but you left me so I'm gonna be mad for a couple minutes. After 5 minutes she warmed up and snuggled into me and acted like her regular self. Big sigh of relief. She had a great day with Auntie Kate and her cousins so all in all it was a success. I really was happy to see my co-workers and to get back to a regular schedule. They had a sign up on my office door welcoming me back. I was so touched. I really did miss them.

So it wasn't awful, but I am glad that I came back to a four day work week to break myself in. And in the end, I had plenty of time tonight for lots of stories and cuddles before bedtime. What a gift she is to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment