Lilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day

Gracie loves valentine's day. I mean, she really loves it. She has been talking about it for weeks.  The first thing she said to me this morning was "Happy Valentine's Day Momma!" Today was supposed to be her Valentine's day party at school but unfortunately, there was a snow delay so they cancelled pre-school.  Next week is school vacation so hopefully the week after she can pass out her Doc McStuffin Valentine's.  She wrote her name on all of them all by herself.  I thought she was going to be crushed when she found out there was no school but she handled it fine.  Her only concern was wanting to still wear her new Sophia the First Valentine Shirt. Once I told her she could still wear it she was fine. 

She had been telling me for weeks that she LOVES flowers, colorful flowers and that you are supposed to give your valentine flowers.  I don't know where she got this, but I picked up on the clue and had this waiting for her when she woke up. I forgot to take the picture when she first saw it so I took one when the cousins came down for cinnamon roles. 





Gracie has been planning her surprise for me for a few weeks with her Auntie Kate.  I cam home tonight to this.




She did a great job writing her name all by herself.  The small person is Gracie wearing large earrings and I am the heart shaped person, also wearing large earrings.  She told me she chose those flowers because they were the most beautiful, like me.  We are going to finish our evening snuggling, watching a movie and sharing the lollipop she got me. It's the perfect Valentine's day if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment